- 1 Zmodo Greet Pro Review
- 2 Design & Build
- 3 What’s inside the box?
- 4 Installation of the product
- 5 User Experience / Performance
- 6 Product Alternative
- 7 Product Warranty
- 8 Final Verdict:
Zmodo Greet Pro Review
Technology has got a lots smarter and better than what we used to know few years back. Gone are the days when electric doorbell was the only option to use, at later time, we got familiar and embraced a video doorbell but today, smart doorbells are gradually replacing the old video doorbell which is why we bring to you Zmodo Greet Pro Review.
Zmodo has always proof herself to be one of the innovative worldwide leader in smart home and security solutions for home and business, by giving us yet another smart doorbell which in a real sense helps shaping our daily life.
- Easy setup and works as expected
- 4x Digital Zoom
- Automatic IR-cut that is adjustable in the App
- Supports ON/OFF and Setting by Schedules
- 36 hours of free cloud storage for motion detection clips is a good deal
- Live chat support can be disappointing
- Email supports were also slow to response
We are adept to bring you nothing but an honest review of Zmodo Greet Pro, a unique smart doorbell device.
- 1080p HD resolution
- 180° viewing angle
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Two-way audio
- Motion sensor detection
- Multiple users
- Powerful night vision
Breakdown of the features
Being one of the best smart doorbell on the market, it is time to analyse the main features of Zmodo doorbell security camera to help you better decide if it’s actually what you can add to your budget.
Greet Pro uses the best technology to deliver a crisp image through its 1080p HD resolution lens which is also able to shoot video at 25fps.
The 180° field of view actually makes this Zmodo doorbell a top notch amongst other smart doorbells, you are able to view or capture your whole porch or yard in wider angle without leaving any detail behind.
The dual band Wi-Fi connectivity gives it a perfect tweak by combining 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless spectrum. Unlike other smart doorbells that force you to use 2.4 GHz, Zmodo Greet Pro is able to manage 2.4 and 5 GHz seamlessly, the dual band Wi-Fi connectivity simplifies the connection process.
The two-way audio technology embedded on the Zmodo Greet Pro let you hear and speak to your visitor or the delivery man simultaneously, you only need to tap your microphone button to speak or tap it again to mute the microphone.
Uncommon to other similar products is the motion sensor detection, this is where Zmodo Greet Pro knock its competitors down. Zmodo Greet Pro automatically records a short video clip whenever it detects motion and alert you via push notification.
Multiple users is another fantastic feature of Greet Pro that allow you to share your device with friends and family members, so that they can receive alerts and calls on your behalf when you are not available to attend to visitors.
Power night vision makes Zmodo Greet Pro to perform excellently in a pitch dark condition. The camera operates at very low-light conditions up to 16 feet away.
Another intriguing feature of Greet Pro is the ability to let you record a voice message for your visitors when you are not available to answer their call or you simply don’t want to.
Design & Build
Zmodo Greet Pro is stylish smart Wi-Fi doorbell device that is built with latest technology to deliver great features, and to give value for your money.
Whether you are just looking out to install a doorbell camera, or you are considering to upgrade your existing doorbell, Zmodo Greet Pro is the best doorbell to invest in.
Zmodo Greet Pro Review
Zmodo Greet Pro is a device you can trust to deliver all the features you ever think of. It is built with a sophisticated technology, comes with a sleek design, and it uses 256bits encryption which is very hard to penetrate.
Advantages of Zmodo Greet Pro
- The PIR motion sensor technology aboard Zmodo Greet Pro makes it to produce a crystal clear image, recognises and distinguishes humans from animals both day and night.
- The Greet Pro instantly start recording a short video footage immediately it detects motion before even sending a notification push.
- The Greet Pro has 8GB of internal memory that will hold a 30 second video clip when motion is detected or when the doorbell is rung, you can see these alerts on your smartphone through the app at any time.
- Nothing is more compelling than the dual band wireless mode that Greet Pro has.
- Zmodo doorbell camera is compatible with smart home devices like Amazon Echo and Alexa Echo show. You can ask Alexa to show the camera’s live feed by saying Alexa, show front camera. But you are required to upgrade the Zmodo Greet Pro firmware to the latest update.
- Zmodo provides you access to 36 hours of free cloud storage of the motion detection clips, you don’t have to slice your pocket to buy a cloud plan before you can watch what happened when you were not home.
Disadvantages of Zmodo Greet Pro
- Even though the Greet Pro is compatible with an existing hard wired chime, the Greet Pro still wouldn’t work with a digital chime.
- Zmodo Greet Pro only recorded the camera’s audio and not the smartphone’s end.
- The extender does not come with the unit, it is sold as add-on.
What’s inside the box?
- Zmodo Greet Pro Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
- A wall flat plate mounting bracket
- A quick start guide
- A wall sticker
- A combo screwdriver consisting Philip head and hex key
- Concrete drill bit
- A voltage regulator (optional device to use against interference)
- Mounting screws and wall anchors
- Mounting level
- A security lock-in screw
Installation of the product
Note: In the absence of an existing doorbell where you can easily utilize the power supply, you need to order an AC low voltage transformer operating between 10VAC and 36VAC only and run it first. But also make sure to connect 20Ohms/10watts resistor in the transformer circuit, instruction here.
Using your Philip head screwdriver, remove the wire terminals and place the wall flat plate mounting bracket. Make sure the bubble level is properly aligned to the centre, Mark and drill the holes, install the wall anchors and screw the mounting plate to the wall.
Connect the 2 wires to the mounting bracket contact terminals, place the Zmodo Greet Pro and turn on the circuit breaker unit.
Download the Zmodo app from your respective app store and launch it, tap the QR code option and follow the screen prompts until you get to enter your Wi-Fi, make sure your smartphone is connected the Wi-Fi network.
Enter your Wi-Fi password and hit next to generate QR code, position the QR code in front of the camera whilst the camera still flashes green light. After you have heard the voice instruction saying “device connected” and the green light changes to blue, give your device a name and you are done. Secure Zmodo Greet Pro with the lock-in screw.
To configure Zmodo Greet pro with Alexa, it is important to update the firmware of your Greet pro device to V184.108.40.206 or up.
To update this, simply click the Live View option on your device, choose the Device Setting icon on the upper right corner, press three dots (…) on the upper right corner and click the “New Version Available” message under Device Version. Once updated, your Zmodo Greet Pro would be compatible with Amazon Alexa.
Now that your Zmodo Greet Pro is running the latest firmware that is compatible with Alexa, let’s jump into the steps of making it to work with Alexa.
Wait a minute! Did I just say let’s jump into the steps? Oh I meant to say take a cup of coffee to relax your nerves.
Now let’s begin by linking/binding Zmodo Greet Pro to Alexa.
- Complete all the necessary setup of Zmodo Greet Pro
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap the three horizontal bars [≡] at the top left of the app and select skills
- Search for Zmodo and tap on it
- Tap on the “ENABLE” button, you will be redirected to a Zmodo Authorization page where you are expected to enter your login information.
- Enter your Zmodo username and password, after a successful login, you will receive “Zmodo has been successfully linked”
If you have followed the instructions given in the above steps properly, you should be able to give voice commands to Alexa to show front camera.
User Experience / Performance
Users were all happy and satisfied not because of the affordable price, but because of the tons of features it has. They equally acknowledged it is a great product and Greet Pro only took them a little time to install without any complication.
Users love being able to see what is going on and also who is coming to their front porch, and Greet Pro met all their expectations. The smartphone app installation took relatively less than a minute to get around with. The app works flawlessly without a noticeable bug.
The integration with Alexa was not straightforward at first, but with a clear instructions from the support and the online user guide, it was very easy to configure.
And of course, whilst many users were happy to have bought Greet Pro, some aggrieved users also expressed their disappointment over Greet Pro for its inability to work with their existing power supply, and all their efforts to get Zmodo live chat support to put them through were all abortive. I believe Zmodo should really work very hard on their support channels, as this is the first place that matters on their website.
A similar device that immediately comes to our mind is Ring Video Doorbell Pro due their almost the same functions.
Zmodo Greet Pro comes with a 60-day refund policy, 3-year limited warranty, and lifetime US-based tech support.
One of the features to look for when you want to buy a wireless door camera or smart doorbell, is the field of view and the quality of the image i.e. how wide can the camera captures an image and also, how clearer can the image get? This is sometimes a bottleneck for users to select the best smart doorbell system.
Like we have already analysed in our review, Zmodo Greet Pro is one of the best smart doorbell you can always trust, whether you are just starting out to install a smart doorbell system to your front porch or you want to upgrade the existing one.
CEO at Tango Digital Systems, blogger, and a CCTV content writer.
He is a skilled Electronic & I.T technician having experience in all areas of support across electronic surveillance products, vehicle security, renewable energy, PABX system, cellphone surveillance, biometric access control, WordPress development & other IT solutions.